When the signature monitor is used as a second PC screen, it will be recognized by the operating system as a device that uses a stylus as an additional input device. Without special software this creates the following issues:
- Every time the customer touches the signature monitor with the pen, the mouse focus is shifted by the operating system to the signature monitor (second screen) disturbing the operator on the main screen
- In addition, it's tough to train operators to display a document that is ready for signing on the second screen with typical operating system capabilities.
- Moreover, the signature monitor maybe mounted at the POS in a manner that makes it difficult for the operator to see what the client does, thus making it difficult to provide help
All these problems are solved with the SIGNificant Kiosk software:
- Simultaneous customer and employee input interactions will no longer interfere with each other.
- A separate “preview” window is active on the employee screen, displaying what is happening on the second screen and enabling the employee to assist the customer if necessary. This functionality is especially helpful when there is some distance between the two screens.
- If there are no active documents waiting to be signed by the customer, the signature monitor automatically switches into “advertising mode” and displays predefined advertising slides or clips.