Business success today requires a customer-focused digital transformation. It starts with prioritizing a superior and relevant customer experience, and aligning the organization, processes and technology to power it.
Technologies will come and go. The goal is to identify the technologies that will disrupt the business model to allow for transformational change. Businesses have to undertake their own digital transformations, rethinking what customers value most and creating operating models that take advantage of what’s newly possible for competitive differentiation.
Key areas include reconfiguring the customer value proposition (what is being offered) and reshaping the operating model (how it is delivered.
In a digital business, digital technology, for the first time, moves into the forefront, into the heart of what the business is doing and how it generates revenue, seizes competitive advantage and produces value. Digital business represents a more extreme revolution than previous technology-driven changes.
Gartner has identified six crucial steps that will enable CIOs and other business leaders to build a successful digital organisation and change the game:
- Create the Right Mindset and Shared Understanding
- Put the Right Leaders in Place
- Launch a Digital Business Centre of Excellence
- Formulate a Digital Strategy to Respond to Opportunities and Threats
- Develop and Acquire Digital Business Skills and Roles
- Create New Digital Business Capabilities